The WAN-IFRA Girls in Information Social Impression Reporting Initiative was launched in 2020 to facilitate social influence reporting; bringing the tales of marginalised and weak communities to the mainstream, and serving to to carry mainstream media to those underserved audiences.
Now in its second yr working, the initiative supplies small money activities-based grants (for media organisations and business associations) and sponsorship for reporting assignments (for particular person journalists) that target social influence.
- Journalists could apply for grants for assignments as much as EUR2,000. The quantity requested by a person ought to mirror the scope and size of the proposed task.
- Members of the WIN group, in addition to choose group and native media working in print, digital and radio are invited to use. Trade associations may apply.
- Presently solely purposes from Sub-Saharan Africa nations through which WIN is energetic might be thought of together with Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Whereas they may assess every utility individually on its deserves, it’s possible you’ll apply as an ‘particular person’ if any of the beneath situations apply:
- You aren’t at the moment receiving a wage from a media organisation
- You may have been made to take unpaid go away for an prolonged interval
- You may have been made to take a wage minimize of fifty% or extra for an prolonged interval
- You’re a correspondent who has seen a piece contract cancelled or decreased as a consequence of COVID-19
DEADLINE: March 31 2021
To use and for extra data visit here