The Oxford School of Global and Area Studies and St Anne’s College seek applications for a full time, fixed term Departmental Lectureship in African Anthropology. The post is a three-year career development post funded jointly by the St Anne’s College Ioma Evans Pritchard fund, and OSGA. The purpose of this fund is specifically to provide a time-limited period of career development from 1st October 2021 until 30th September 2024.
The postholder will assist in teaching, marking and supervision for the MSc in African Studies at the discretion of the Director of the African Studies Centre, and in the College, to contribute actively and fully to the intellectual life of the College, and to matters that support and enhance it.
- The salary range for grade 7 is £32,817 to £40,322 per annum.
The School is looking for the candidate who most fully meets the following criteria:
- A doctorate in the Anthropology of Africa. It should be noted that this post is designed specifically to assist with career development for an early-stage academic appointee. You should have been successfully examined for a doctorate, and to have had your doctoral viva not more than 5 years before the application closing date
- An aptitude for teaching, experience of conducting teaching across social anthropology and African Studies, and sufficient depth and breadth of knowledge in the subject to develop appropriate course materials
- Demonstrable experience of qualitative and quantitative research and analytical techniques, with a proven capacity to develop sound research proposals
- Publication record and/or evidence of strong potential for high quality research outputs published with leading journals, with a clear plan of research to be conducted during the three years of the post
- The ability to supervise advanced level Masters’ students on a broad range of dissertation topics
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience with assessing and marking graduate level work.
DEADLINE: April 12 2021
To apply and for more information visit here