This annual award, named after the TWAS Fellow Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi, recognizes women scientists from Scientifically and Technologically Lagging (STL) countries.
TWAS is inviting nominations for the 2021 Award from all its members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries.
Self nominations (i.e. applications) WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- It carries a cash award of USD4,000 generously provided by Professor Al-Kharafi and will rotate among various fields of science.
- Nominations for the 2021 award are invited in Medical Sciences
- Nominees must be female scientists national of a ST-lagging country and have been living and working there for at least two years immediately prior to their nomination (i.e. from 12/2/2019).
- Fellows of TWAS are not eligible.
- Self-nominations and nominations from jury members will not be considered.
- The same nominee cannot be nominated for more than one ‘Fellows of TWAS Awards’ in a given year.
DEADLINE: May 12 2021
To apply and for more information visit here