Applications call for 2020 Flash Fiction Challenge: Visioning a Better World Beyond the Pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic, which has affected communities around the world, has proven that, when deemed necessary, the governing powers can implement massive changes to our day-to-day realities in a matter of hours.
So what could life on earth look like after this global event? What possibilities have been unleashed?
Flash Fiction at Systems Change Alliance is inviting you to put pen to paper, fingers to the keyboard, to envision how our societies might evolve in the months and years beyond COVID-19. In your flash fiction piece, give us a snapshot into a post-pandemic world in which a shift towards positive systems change has occurred and a new paradigm is established or unfolding. While we know this is a challenging time and theme, we want to remain solution-focused. For this reason, the challenge is not looking for a depressing or dystopian take on the post-pandemic reality.
The Flash Fiction Challenge is open to an original take on ideas that underpin the vision of Systems Change Alliance, those of economic democracy, ecological sustainability, resilient communities, equality, and spiritual values. Your story will be fresh, vivid, engaging, inspiring, and convincing and will bring hope to a global population burdened by this microscopic yet colossal threat.
Some Basic Information
- Flash fiction word limit 1000-1250 words
- Entries should be in English, double-spaced.
- Deadline for submissions: 1st October 2020
- Winners to be announced: 1st November 2020
- 1st Prize: 300 EU
- 2 Runners Up: 100 EU
- The top three winning stories will be published on the Systems Change Alliance website with
- authors’ permission.
How to enter?
- Join the Community Forum by completing this form
- Post your story to the 2020 Flash Fiction Submissions thread
- Winners will be announced on the Community forum and posted on the website and social media