The National Art Competition under the theme of “Sheroes” is specially designed by UNESCO Abuja under the European Union (EU)-United Nations (UN) Spotlight Initiative in Nigeria: To eliminate violence against women and girls.
This competition is aimed at raising awareness about VAWG/SGBV/HP among the public, and to support the zero-tolerance-of-violence environment promoted by the Spotlight Initiative, with a view to support long-term recovery and social inclusion of women and girl survivors through arts and with an additional effect of relieving the increasing social tension exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be more concrete, this competition calls for two categories of artworks: painting and poetry, representing attitudes, visions, expressions and messages against VAWG/SGBV/HP and/or demonstrating the contributions and resilience of women and girls within the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
- Twenty (20) finalists of each artwork category (painting and poetry) will be shortlisted for public voting, which is to further identify the top 10.
- Top 1: Laptop + Winning Certificate
- Top 2-3: Smart Phone + Winning Certificate
- Top 4-10: Mystery Gift Box + Winning Certificate
- All the participants will be awarded an electronic participation certificate.
- The selected artworks must demonstrate deep visual and spiritual experience of the author on the issue of VAWG/SGBV/HP and equally inspire the audience.
- This competition is open to all the residents in Nigeria between August 21st and December 31st, 2020. Women, girls, and persons living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to participate.
DEADLINE: September 30, 2020.