Deadline: September 10, 2020
The African Union Commission is offering full scholarships for Africans to study at the Pan African University. Young, qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora are invited to apply to join Masters or PhD degree programs at any of the following four PAU institutes.
The Pan African University is an initiative of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental university network whose mission is to provide quality postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
Candidates with potential, motivation, and who desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators, and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology, and Innovation (PAUSTI), at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya.
- Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences- including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI), at the University of Ibadan (UI), Nigeria.
- Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS), at the University of Yaounde II and the University of Buea, Cameroon.
- Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences -including climate change (PAUWES), at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
The complete list of programs for each institution can be found here.
- Excellent programs taught by world-class faculty;
- A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme;
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest-growing industries, with relevant career guidance; and
- Vibrant, multi-cultural, and Pan African learning and research environments.
Admission Requirements for Masters Programmes
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school)
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page)
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm)
- Detail CV
- Recommendation letter from ONE of his/her former University lecturers
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers (with an email address and WhatsApp number) (*Mandatory)
Admission Requirements for Doctoral Programmes
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page);
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Detail CV;
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors;
- A 3 to 4-page Research Concept Note (tentative title, research questions, objectives, significance of the research etc…);
- Names of 3 Reference University Teachers (with an email address and WhatsApp number);(Mandatory);
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre-selection.
- Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programs are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French and Portuguese).
Steps to apply:
- After reading the conditions, Click on ‘Register’
- Provide a valid username and your email
- Check your inbox to confirm the registration by clicking on the confirmation link (Please check the spams as well)
- Provide a valid password
- Login using your credentials
- Open the ‘Application’ page and provide all your data
- Click on Save button and after finishing click on FINISH button
* If you didn’t finish the application, you can come back later and “Login” again using your email and password *
Closing date for the submission of applications with all supporting documents – 10 September 2020. Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered.