Applications call for 30th Annual Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize
Winners of 30th Annual Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize will receive the publication, invitation to a reception and reading in their honor, and a cash prize.
- $5,000 Fiction
- $5,000 Nonfiction
- $5,000 Poetry
- Submit one piece of fiction or nonfiction up to 8,500 words or any number of poems up to 10 pages. Please double-space fiction and nonfiction entries.
- Multiple submissions and simultaneous submissions are welcome, but you must pay a separate fee for each entry and withdraw the piece immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- Entries must be previously unpublished.
- Standard Entry fee: $25. Each entrant receives a one-year subscription to the Missouri Review in digital format (normal price $24) and a digital copy of the fourth title in the imprint, TMR Books, Strange Encounters, a short story anthology by former Editors’ Prize-winners and contributors (normal price $7.95).
- “All Access” Entry fee: $30. In addition to the one-year digital subscription to the Missouri
- Review and Strange Encounters, the “All Access” entry fee grants access to the last 10 years of digital issues and the audio recordings of each digital issue.
- The 30th Annual Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize 2020 is open to all.
- Previous winners of the Editors’ Prize and current University of Missouri students and faculty are ineligible.
- Previous Editors’ Prize finalists are welcome to enter again.